I have tried this as a quick lunch. There are two small recipes involved and served with a French toast(whole wheat) or an egg toast. This cannot be called “100% French dish” but can be considered for low fat option.
Skillet-Seared Tomatoes with Melted Cheese:
Ripe tomatoes – 2 (cut in circles)
Cilantro – 1 small bunch (finely chopped)
Garlic – 1 medium clove (minced)
Pepper powder – As required
Salt – As required
Pepper Jack Cheese – 3/4 cup (shredded)
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
1. Heat the skillet and add oil.
2. Arrange tomatoes in the pan and cook, uncovered, until just tender and the undersides are darkened, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Mix cilantro and garlic in a small bowl.
4. When the tomatoes are cooked, carefully turn upside down. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
5. Sprinkle each tomato with salt and pepper, followed by equal proportions of cilantro-garlic mixture and shredded cheese.
6. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Fresh corn kernels – 2 cups
Low-Fat Milk – 1/2 cup
Corn starch – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Add 1 cup corn, milk, cornstarch and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Tranfer the puree to a pan and add the remaining 1 cup corn.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture simmers and thickens and the corn is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Serve creamed corn with a sprinkle of pepper powder along with toast and tomatoes.